Today, we went on a day trip to Yokohama. The first place we visited was Chinatown. To get there using the JR pass, we took the JR Negishi Line to Ishikawacho station.
Next, we visited the Minato Mirai 21 area. To get there with the JR pass, we again used the JR Negishi Line and alighted at Sakuragicho station.
After we were done exploring the area, we took the train back to Tokyo and visited Shinjuku before calling it a day.
Shinjuku is one of the busiest (if not the busiest) train station in the world!
Other posts for this trip:
Day 2: Kyoto, Osaka
Day 3: Osaka, Miyajima, Tokyo
Day 4: Yokohama, Tokyo
Day 5: Nikko, Tokyo
Day 7: Tokyo
- Tokyo vacation with kids (2++ year old and 11 month old)
- Japan Vacation Ideas for Hello Kitty Fans (From theme parks to water park to hotels to onsen!)
- Itinerary for 7-Days Trip to Japan with Japan Rail Pass (May 2004) – Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Miyajima
- Trip with Japan Rail Pass (Day 5): Nikko, Tokyo (Asakusa Kannon Temple, Ueno, Ikebukuro)
- 7 Days Illuminations Travel with Japan Rail Pass (December 2007)
- Trip with Japan Rail Pass (Day 7): Tokyo (Imperial Palace)
- Short Tokyo Getaway (Day 1): Asakusa, Akasaka Mitsuke (Hie Shrine), Shibuya, Harajuku
- 8 Days Japan Trip using JR East Pass in June 2009 (Tokyo, Aizu Wakamatsu, Koriyama, Sendai, Matsushima, Yamadera, Morioka, Matsumoto)
- Zoorasia Yokohama Zoological Gardens – Our Self-Drive Rest Point from Tokyo to Hakone
- Short Tokyo Getaway (Day 4): Akihabara, Tokyo Bay Cruise on Himiko, Odaiba