We started the morning with a visit to the Imperial Palace. The last time I visited, we only walked around the palace and did not go inside. This time round, we booked our visit online and joined a guided tour of the palace grounds.
Ah well.. the tour was pretty slow and boring. After the tour, we went to Pokemon Centre because one of our travel companions was a huge Pokemon fan.
After he was done with his Pokemon shopping, we went manga shopping at Jump Shop at Tokyo Dome. Being a fan of Prince of Tennis, I found Jump Shop pretty cool!
Tokyo Dome itself was pretty cool, it had an amusement park with roller coaster, vertical drop etc.
It was a day of anime/manga shopping, and we visited Animate main store at Ikebukuro next.
After a whole day of shopping, we ended with a visit to Tokyo Tower.
Other posts for this trip:
Day 1: Asakusa, Akasaka, Shibuya, Harajuku
Day 2: Tsukiji Market, Tokyo Disneysea
Day 3: Imperial Palace, Anime/Manga Shopping, Tokyo Dome, Tokyo Tower
Day 4: Akihabara, Tokyo Bay Cruise, Odaiba
- Trip with Japan Rail Pass (Day 7): Tokyo (Imperial Palace)
- Itinerary for a short Tokyo Getaway (June 2007)
- Pokemon Cafe Singapore x #ToyTravel!
- Short Tokyo Getaway (Day 2): Tsukiji Market, Tokyo Disneysea
- Trip with Japan Rail Pass (Day 4): Yokohama, Tokyo (Shinjuku)
- Trip with Japan Rail Pass (Day 5): Nikko, Tokyo (Asakusa Kannon Temple, Ueno, Ikebukuro)
- Short Tokyo Getaway (Day 1): Asakusa, Akasaka Mitsuke (Hie Shrine), Shibuya, Harajuku
- Tokyo vacation with kids (2++ year old and 11 month old)
- Short Tokyo Getaway (Day 4): Akihabara, Tokyo Bay Cruise on Himiko, Odaiba
- 7 Days Illuminations Travel with Japan Rail Pass (December 2007)