Oh my… Where has time gone?? I can’t believe it’s been so long since I last blogged.. I thought I would be very free to blog after MF starts school, but apparently I became busier than ever, because I did all the things I have been wanting to do since MY was born and haven’t had the time to do.. And never got down to blogging. :p
Anyway.. Recently, I organized a 6-month birthday bash for MY’s playdates (which was one of the things I was busy with). For the bash, I decided to make personalized cupcakes for each baby. Since I can’t bake, I decided to just buy cupcakes and stick on personalized toppers.
Making Personalized Cupcake Toppers
- There were 24 babies. So I asked each mummy to send me a SQUARE photo of their baby. I resized each photo to 250 x 250 pixels.
- Next, I arranged the photos into 4 rows of 6 columns, creating a collage that is 1020 x 1520 pixel. I saved this as a single image which I then brought to develop into a 4R print.
- Once developed, I cut them up into individual pieces, and used scotch tape to paste a toothpick behind each picture.
After that, all that was left to do was to stick a photo on top of each cupcake. Tada… And it’s done! Cheap (the price of ONE 4R print and a few toothpicks) and kawaii!!
I displayed the cupcakes on a dessert stand, but I realized by doing so, the photos couldn’t really be seen. Maybe it would have been a better idea to just display them flat so that all the pictures could be seen.
Ah well… Still the cupcake stand was a pretty centrepiece and was well-received by the guests. Happy 6 Months to MY and friends!
More Great Party Ideas!
I so love coming up with personalized party ideas! Visit my other posts for fancy party ideas to spruce up your kids’ birthday parties!
- DIY Candy Buffet
- DIY German Cookies
- DIY Lego-themed Party Packs
- Personalized Diaper Cakes
- Personalized Goodie Bags from Oriental Trading
- Personalized Minion Rainbow Loom Bracelet