Have a bouncy good time at Katapult Trampoline Park (ORTO Yishun)

I have been wanting to visit trampoline parks for the longest time ever.  But the trampolines parks in Singapore before had been kind of far and inaccessible for me.  So I was super THRILLED when Katapult Trampoline Park opened at Orto Yishun.

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 02

Those staying in the North would agree with me that we are so in need for some family-friendly leisure facilities here!

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 10

Getting to Katapult Trampoline Park

ORTO was about 10 minutes walk from Khatib MRT (maybe less if you are not with kids).  I thought it was pretty annoying that the entrance to ORTO was at the far end, furthest from the MRT / bus stop.

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 01

Spot the gate to ORTO far far away.

Once you enter the gate, follow the road past the prawning area.  We have been to ORTO quite a few times already, so we did not bother checking the direction signs and dashed up the slope towards the longkang fishing area.  Because we knew Katapult Trampoline Park was located right next to the longkang fishing.

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 04

BUT BUT BUT… What we did NOT know, was that the entrance was facing the other side.  We came face-to-face with the emergency exits.

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 05

There were arrows pointing us towards the correct direction, making a big round around the building.

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 06

Moral of the story? After you pass through the gate, follow the road all the way until you pass Katapult Trampoline Park before turning right. DON’T go up that slope, unless you want to go longkang fishing instead.

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 03

We found the staircase to go up to Level 2 where the sign-in counter was.

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 07

We were told to purchase their grip socks.  I asked them if we could use our own non-slip socks.  The kids had dozens of non-slip socks from their indoor playground visits.  But they said it was better to use their socks. Anyway their socks were quite cheap (like $2 cheap) and pretty good quality, I didn’t mind buying them! I have paid much more for worse at indoor playgrounds.

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 08

We were told to watch a safety video before entering.

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 09

There were lockers to place our valuables.  The cost for the lockers was:

• Small Locker: $1 (2 hours) / $2 (4 hours) / $8 (whole day)
  • Medium Locker: $2 (2 hours) / $4 (4 hours) / $10 (whole day)

Free Fall

If you want to enter the trampoline park in style, leave your shoes upstairs and jump right in! Literally.

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 12

Red arrow pointing to the entrance to the trampoline park. Dive (literally) into the trampoline park.

I asked MF to jump down, but he didn’t dare to.  What’s up with that? When we went to Angry Birds Park last year, he had no qualms about leaping off.

The younger and a lot more daring MF at Angry Birds Park.

Instead, it was MY was wanted to jump down.  But he was stopped.  There was a minimum height requirement of 110cm for the free fall. So I guess there is some truth in the Chinese saying 初生之犊不怕虎 (a new born calf fears no tiger).

We took the staircase downstairs.   There was shoe rack downstairs if you are walking down.

Main Court

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 14

Once we entered, the boys dashed to the main court.

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 11

They jumped, and jumped, and jumped!

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 15

They discovered that it was not all about jumping.  They could slide too!

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 34

And bounce off the walls on the sides.

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 35

Things became double the fun when the marshals came over to play with them.

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 41 Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 33 Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 37 Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 38Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 44

Slam Dunk

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 13

Next, they explored the Slam Dunk section.  With a super high hoop and trampolines, you can guess what you are supposed to do here.  The kids had no idea and simply tried (without success of course) to throw the balls in to the hoops.  And whining, “So high. Cannot reach. Not fun.”  Until the friendly marshal came to save the day!

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 39 Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 40

Bag Jump

Next to the main court was the bag jump area.  I think by right, you are supposed to run down the super bouncy trampoline and jump into the bag jump area. But the kids kind of did the two things separately.

First, they bounced around the trampoline.

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 26Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 28

Then, they jumped into the bag jump from the solid ground on the other side.  Notice MF was jumping onto the ‘EXIT’ side? Kid got it all wrong.

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 23

But whatever made them happy.  They had the whole place to themselves. They could do whatever they wanted.  I guess if it’s crowded, they would have to stick to the rules.

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 24

After warming up with the bag jump, MF decided that he wanted to try the free fall.

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 29

He was still a bit apprehensive.  So the awesome marshal sat him down at the edge, talked to him and slowly lifted him down.

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 30

After the initial fear was overcome, he went free falling over and over and over.  He could even go ‘CHEESE’ for the camera before jumping off.

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 31

He even wanted to go to the HIGHER free fall! But that one had a minimum height requirement of 140 cm.  Bummer.

Slack Line

Next to the bag jump was the slack line section.  MF decided to have a go.  It was a wobbly start.

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 17

Somehow he managed to balance for a while (just long enough for me to snap one semi-crappy photo).  Then he took like, one step, and fell off.

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 18

He wanted to give up.  But once again, friendly marshals to the rescue!

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 21

Even the little one joined in!

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 19

The little one fell down quite a few times.  But he was in good hands.  He was laughing away each time he fell.  Until I began to suspect he was falling on purpose.

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 20

Wall Run

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 16 (1)

The kids came to the wall run section.  Only to discover that they did not meet the minimum height requirement.  Double bummer.

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 16 (2)

Dodge Ball

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 43

Last but not least, dodge ball section.  Trampolines + Balls? The boys went absolutely CRAZY there!

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 47Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 45Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 52Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 57Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 53

Once again, they discovered that they could slide.   This is what happens when you got the whole place to yourself.  No rules.

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 46

And the friendly marshals were just awesome.  I got nothing more to say.  Just awesome.

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 49 Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 50 Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 51   Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 54 Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 56 Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 58

There were no toilets at Katapult Trampoline Park.  The nearest toilet was next to the longkang fishing.  (So it was a blessing in disguise that we went to wrong way towards the longkang fishing on the way there.  Because I made MF go to the toilet then.  It would have been a real hassle to come out of the trampoline park to use the toilet.)

If you need diaper-changing facility, walk to the complex where Long Jiang Chinos / Mookata is.  There was a diaper-changing table inside the handicap toilet there.

In Summary…

The boys had a SUPERB time at Katapult Trampoline Park!  They didn’t want to leave (but I made them leave because I was starving).  I didn’t play this time because I wanted to take photos for the blog.  But next time, I am definitely joining in!

The staff were instrumental in making the visit so enjoyable.  I have nothing but praises for all the marshals there.  However, it is important to note that we were there on a weekday afternoon and hence there was no crowd.  If it was crowded, I doubt the boys would have gotten so much attention from the marshals.

I highly recommend Katapult Trampoline Park.  It is new. It is fun. Service is great. What more do you want?  Here are some of my favourite moments, just to relive the good time.

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 48Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 55Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 22 Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 27Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 25 Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 42

Till next time, I’m sure the boys will be nagging me to bring them back!

Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 61 Katapult Trampoline Park ORTO Yishun 62

Katapult Trampoline Park Pricing

For adults, 1 hour jump starts from $15 (non-peak) – $19 (peak).

Student rate is $11 for 1 hour on weekdays 12-5pm.

KidsJump is $10 for 1 hour on Tue – Fri 9am – 12pm.

For adult companion (i.e. you are just there to accompany your kid but not jumping), admission fee is $3.

Multi-Passes and 2 hour jumps are also available.  You can find Katapult Trampoline Park’s full price list on their official website.

Note that minimum age requirement is 3 years old.  (But MY, who was a few months shy of 3, could jump.  Maybe he looked old.. haha!)

Opening Promotion

There is a 10% discount off entry (and even socks!) during the month of July 2015!

Youth Day Special

On 27/7/2015, they are extending opening hours to 9am – 9pm.  (Usual opening hours on Mondays are 12pm-9pm.)  On top of the 10% opening special discount, you will receive FREE SOCKS that day!

Katapult Trampoline Park Visitor Information

Address: ORTO #01-11, 81 Lorong Chencharu Singapore 769198

Tel: + 65 6754 5188

Opening Hours:
Mon 12pm – 9pm
Tue-Sun 9am – 9pm
School Holidays & Public Holidays 9am – 9pm

Official Websites: Homepage | Facebook  Page | Instagram | YouTube

Want to know what else there is at ORTO?

Hop over to my post on ORTO Yishun Family Fun, where we fished and dined!

Linking Up!

28 Comments on Have a bouncy good time at Katapult Trampoline Park (ORTO Yishun)

1. Jolin
    July 26, 2015 at 10:24 am (1 year ago)

Thanks for the recommendation. My boy will be super happy and he will be bouncing off the walls, literally. And I read your ORTO post, there’s so much to do there!

July 26, 2015 at 3:03 pm (1 year ago)

Yeah, I am super happy when ORTO opened! We are so deprived in the North and I used to have to spend so much time travelling when I bring the boys out. But with ORTO, I can like just pop in after I pick MF up from school for some fun, have dinner and go home before the sky turns dark. And no need to worry about taking the train during peak hours! Haha…

• Jolin
        July 26, 2015 at 10:06 pm (1 year ago)

You are really a super mama to be always travelling around singapore with your boys. And last time was with a stroller some more!

July 26, 2015 at 11:33 pm (1 year ago)

Singapore is very small ley.. Lol.

2. Sera
    July 27, 2015 at 11:27 am (1 year ago)

Thanks Bumblebee Mum for sharing. We are on the way to Katapult Trampoline. Keep up the good work. :)

July 27, 2015 at 12:03 pm (1 year ago)

Have fun!! Let me know how it goes. Hope it ain’t too crowded today. :p

3. ashlynthia
    August 4, 2015 at 10:14 am (1 year ago)

I was there with a big group of church mates few weeks back for prawning while some of them went for the trampoline. I didn’t know the trampoline place is so fun, I should have checked it out.

August 4, 2015 at 11:43 am (1 year ago)

Emma may be too young for this. But it’s super fun for adults lah. Haha…

4. Ai Sakura
    August 4, 2015 at 11:45 am (1 year ago)

Ooo this is sooo fun!! My girl (and me!) will go crazy there!! Haha. Good exercise too. Can skip a workout day :p

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

August 4, 2015 at 11:49 am (1 year ago)

Yeah. Look at the boys’ sweat – it was a totally good workout. I think it uses more energy than, say, jogging. With 100x the fun factor.

5. Debs G
    August 4, 2015 at 3:00 pm (1 year ago)

Wow, I bet they slept VERY well after all that bouncing!

August 4, 2015 at 3:16 pm (1 year ago)

Oh no… My boys are crazy active. They actually haven’t had enough fun yet, but I dragged them out. We went for dinner at SGMY after that, which was located next to the prawning area. And they kept saying they wanted to go prawning. Seriously… Just talking about my boys make me tired.

6. Kless @ The J Babies
    August 4, 2015 at 3:29 pm (1 year ago)

I love the free jump platform! I’ve been itching to go back to a trampoline park at Jurong. The whole family had such a fun time there!

August 4, 2015 at 9:04 pm (1 year ago)

Yes, trampoline parks are such great family hangouts. Everyone can have fun! I’m actually slightly acrophobic, not sure if I have the guts to do that jump off the platform.

7. SAys! Happy Mums
    August 4, 2015 at 3:44 pm (1 year ago)

Wow cool! The part about jumping in in style! Takes some courage to jump from so high too!

Shirley @ SAys! Happy Mums

August 4, 2015 at 9:10 pm (1 year ago)

I know right.. I don’t think I would dare to jump down actually. But my boy used to be such a daredevil when he was younger. He really took me by surprise when he didn’t dare to jump down.

8. Angeline Sim
    August 4, 2015 at 4:13 pm (1 year ago)

There’s a wave of trampoline parks opening in SG, glad there’s one in the North too. It’s a great way to exhaust kids’ energy but can be prone to accidents and injuries too. My gf’s daughter sprained her ankle during one of the jumps….took her 2 weeks to heal.

August 4, 2015 at 9:29 pm (1 year ago)

Yes, I kept seeing trampoline parks opening in recent years but they have all been pretty far from my home. So happy when one opened super near me, I couldn’t wait to check it out!

Yeah, trampoline has its dangers. There was a safety video we were made to watch, that I found pretty useful. Like asking kids not to go too near the edge or their feet would get trapped and stuff. But sometimes a bad landing will still end up in an injury. Thanks for pointing that out!

9. May
    August 4, 2015 at 4:49 pm (1 year ago)

Omg! Information overload! Which means, “Wah so fun!” Hahaha hmmm so if I brought my own grip socks they won’t allow entry? Anyways, I joined the giveaway! Rafflecopter, send me to Orto for free!

August 4, 2015 at 9:30 pm (1 year ago)

You show them your socks to see if they approve it lor. They didn’t approve mine. LOL. They will allow entry… If you buy their socks for $2.

Good luck bribing Rafflecopter. hahaha…

10. Audrey Soo
    August 4, 2015 at 7:25 pm (1 year ago)

wooohoo!! Looks like really fun! I’ve meaning to bring my 6yo to a trampoline park but have been hesitating because of safety concerns. Maybe will explore this place during the offpeaks! Thks for sharing!

August 4, 2015 at 9:54 pm (1 year ago)

Yes, my husband said the exact same thing. He said only bring the kids during off-peak period. When it gets crowded, it is way too dangerous for our young kids.

11. PeiPei.HaoHao
    August 4, 2015 at 8:36 pm (1 year ago)

Look so fun! I think my children would enjoy this! And I guess I can have some me-time at night after they have used up their energy jumping around and k.o. early!

August 4, 2015 at 9:57 pm (1 year ago)

Hahaha… Sounds like my kids are the most energetic of the lot. The trampoline jump failed to knock them out. Sad….

November 26, 2015 at 2:31 am (11 months ago)

Katapult Trampoline Park
    Located inside ORTO Park (near Khatib MRT)
    81 Lorong Chencharu, #01-11 ORTO, Singapore 769198

This is a DANGEROUS place. Strongly NOT Recommended.
    Horrified Experience.
    My 13 years old boy injured on the 1st jump, 16Nov15. He is taking his surgery at Gleneagles Hospital, 3 hours Operation on 25Nov15. 2 opinions have been taken from Orthopedic Specialists at KK Hospital & Gleneagles Hospital. He needs to complete 2 to 3 surgeries within the next 12 months.

– Serious Bone Fracture, Ankle Misalignment.
    – Affect running ability and accelerated arthritis

November 26, 2015 at 11:25 am (11 months ago)

I am sorry to hear of your boy’s accident. Trampoline Parks do have their risks which I think is important to highlight. Wishing your boy a speedy recovery.

• SALLINA NG
        June 11, 2016 at 5:14 pm (5 months ago)

Thanks. He is now back in Light Sports after 6mths of physiotherapy.

Kids having accident is hard to avoid and part of their growing up. But we cannot allow such irresponsible operator- Katapult Trampoline Park (Yishun).

I’ve reported the accident to Singapore Sport Council, SLA (the Landlord and the Khatib MP Dr Lee Bee Wah. Sport Council Step in to Audit and give recommendation. Shock to find there is no Mandatory compliance on Safety measure, After Accident Support, No Indemnity letter to be signed by Parents for kids under 16yo. (No governing bodies for such Commercial Indoor Sports)

Trampoline is not a entertainment sport. It is a sport that needs training – the break fall and the landing techniques.

Unhappy with the Operator irresponsible reply. My Boy is 14yo. Never inform me immediately after the Accident. Told me that my boy looks okay to the marshals on duties and send him back home on his own in public bus.

My neighbours saw him on his way home , alerted me and we send him to KK Hospital straight followed by Gleneagles Hospital for 2nd opinions … doubtful that the marshals on site is medically adequate to make a diagnosis…

He has to undergo a 3hrs operations in Gleneagles… got 2 Specialists Orthopaedic surgeon opinion…physiotherapy for 6mths… another operation to remove the support in 12mths time…

How can the observation from the Operator and her staff be so different from the Medical profession… in 1 hr time…HE IS NOT OKAY compare with the operator opinion that it is just a sprain

Still the same verdict

13. Minnie Willis
    July 7, 2016 at 9:45 pm (4 months ago)

Wow! This place looks amazing. I think my kids would enjoy to spend time here. I love the fact that they care about the safety of the children by providing those cool socks and letting the kids watch a safety guidelines video before letting them play.