Home >> Media Invitation / Sponsored Post,Singapore Attractions >> Kidzania Singapore – Beginners Guide to Visiting KidZania like a Pro

Kidzania Singapore - A Beginners Guide - Bumble Bee Mum

I have never been to any Kidzania prior to the opening of Kidzania Singapore.  I was very fortunate to have been invited for a media tour of Kidzania Singapore to understand how Kidzania Singapore worked prior to bringing my children there.  Otherwise, I think I would have been like…

Kidzania Singapore Beginners Visitor Guide 14

In this post, I shall share with you 15 simple steps to ensure you visit Kidzania without appearing like a ‘mountain tortoise’.

Step 1:  Wait for your kids to turn 4

Kidzania Singapore Beginners Visitor Guide 03

I’ll be honest. I don’t think Kidzania is a place for children below 4.  Kidzania is about role-playing for kids – and there is a minimum age requirement of 4 years old to participate in the role-plays.   Leave the young ones at home, or just wait till they are old enough.  You do not want to spend a bomb paying for them to go there and having to endure the terrible 2 and 3s’ “Why can’t I do this?? Why can’t I do that?? BUT I WANT!! *cry cry cry*”

Step 2:  Do not solo parent if you have children below & above 4

Kidzania Singapore Beginners Visitor Guide 04

You can only be in one place at a time.  Imagine bringing a child below 4 and a child above 4 on your own.   The child below 4 is pretty much limited to the toddlers area on Level 2.  The older child needs to go around the two levels to do the role-playing.  Unless your older child is old enough to go around and play on his or her own without your help, or you have the ability to teleport, make sure you have another adult with you.  But then again, I wouldn’t want to pay for an extra adult ($35!) to help look after the toddler.  I would.. just not bring the toddler.  Back to Step 1.

Step 3: Prepare your kids

Kidzania Singapore Beginners Visitor Guide 07

Parents are strictly NOT allowed to follow their children into the role-playing areas.  So if your child tends to stick to you like superglue, tell him or her beforehand that he or she will need to do the activities on their own while you can only watch from outside.  Make sure he or she is okay with it before you go.  Don’t go there and beg the staff to allow you in – Not gonna happen and you’re just wasting the time of everybody waiting in the queue.

Step 4: Entrance procedure

Kidzania Singapore Beginners Visitor Guide 09

Purchase your tickets online beforehand to get 5% discount.  Use a Maybank credit card for 10% discount.

When you arrive, proceed to the check-in counters to get your wrist tags.  Everyone (adult & children) will need to be tagged. Children aged 4 and above will receive 20 Kidzos (currency used in Kidzania) in cash and an ATM card containing 30 Kidzos inside.

Step 5: Head to the bank to activate your ATM card

Kidzania Singapore Beginners Visitor Guide 18Kidzania Singapore Beginners Visitor Guide 15

That ATM card needs to be activated and linked to the child’s wristband.  So the moment you enter Kidzania Singapore, activate the ATM card at the big Maybank so that you can use the Kidzos inside anytime required.  You don’t want to spend half an hour queuing up, thinking you can pay for the activity with your ATM card, then realising your ATM card is not activated when it is finally your turn.

Step 6: Apply for the Pazzport first

Kidzania Singapore Beginners Visitor Guide 08

Kidzania has a loyalty program called CitiZen Pazzport.  It cost $18 per child.  With this passport, your child will start as a Neutralised CitiZen and benefits include

• Earn / save 2 extra Kidzos per activity.
  • 5 Kidzos discount on redemption items at Department Store
  • 5% discount at the KidZania Shops

And each time your child completes an activity, he or she will receive a chop in the Pazzport.  When your child reaches 30 / 60 stamps, he or she will get upgraded to Distinguished Citizen / Honourable Citizen respectively for further benefits!

Not all Kidzania around the world have this program.  But for those that do, the same Pazzport can be used at the various Kidzanias.

If you planning to sign your kids’ up for the Pazzport, go up to LEVEL 2 to enrol for it at the Pazzport Office before you start any activities.  If you apply for the Pazzport later on, the activities you have done prior to that will not earn you any chops and you lose out on the extra earnings / savings that come with the Pazzport benefits!

Step 7:  Check age limit

Kidzania Singapore Beginners Visitor Guide 11

Do not assume just because your child is above 4, they can participate in anything.  While MOST of them says +4 Years, some occupations are recommended older children (like +6 Years), so skip those that your child does not meet the age requirement for.

Step 8: Check minimum height requirement

Kidzania Singapore Beginners Visitor Guide 06

Some activities have height requirements.  So again, don’t waste time queuing for activities that your child does not meet the height requirement for.

Step 9: Check the capacity of the activity

Kidzania Singapore Beginners Visitor Guide 10

If the capacity says 6 and there are already 6 children in the queue, move on to find a queue where the number of children in the queue is less than the capacity to reduce your waiting time in the queues.

Step 10: Check that you have enough Kidzos to pay

Kidzania Singapore Beginners Visitor Guide 12

Not all occupations earn you money.  Some occupations require you to pay.  Check the ‘Economy’ to see if it is a + or – sign carefully.  -10 means you need to pay 10 Kidzos to play.  Make sure you have sufficient Kidzos with you before joining these queues.  If not, go find something that has + Kidzos to earn money first.

Step 11: Be ready to survive without 4G

Kidzania Singapore Beginners Visitor Guide 05

Your phone is going to stop working in Kidzania Singapore.  Don’t make promises like, “Let’s split up, whatsapp me later to tell me where you are.” that you can’t keep.  And if you do need the 4G, you can find it at the main souvenir shop near the exit.  WIFI is also available in the Parents’ Lounge on Level 2.

Step 12: Save $ on lunch

Kidzania Singapore Beginners Visitor Guide 16

Hungry? Time to bring your kids for some chef role-playing.  The KFC, Pizza Hut and Soup Spoon role-plays will get you and your child enough food for lunch (provided neither of you are huge eaters).  You can even go to Paddle Pop role-play for dessert.

Step 13: Cash out your Kidzos before leaving

Kidzania Singapore Beginners Visitor Guide 13

Kidzos are recognised in ALL Kidzania around the world.  But only in cash form.  Kidzos in the ATM card are unique to Kidzania Singapore.  So if you want to bring the Kidzos to Kidzania in other countries to use, cash them out at the bank before leaving.

Step 14: Know where to exit

Kidzania Singapore Beginners Visitor Guide 02

Don’t be the ultimate ‘mountain tortoise’ by getting stuck inside Kidzania Singapore and not knowing how to exit.  The exit is through the Immigration Office.  They may cordon off the Immigration and make you exit through the souvenir shop next to it though.  The souvenir shop is a dangerous place for your wallet.  That is if you still have money left after paying the admission.

And also note that while your admission ticket is for the whole day, there is strictly no re-entry after exiting.

Step 15: Be prepared to come back

Kidzania Singapore Beginners Visitor Guide 17

Kidzania is seriously addictive.  It is impossible to finish all the role-playing in one day.  You will find yourself wanting to return again for more.  Or worse, wanting to check out Kidzania all over the world after this.  This was the start of our family’s Kidzania journey, and I assure you it will not end here. You have been warned – Enter at your own risk.

Read more on Kidzania Singapore:

> Intermediate’s Guide to visiting Kidzania Singapore like a Pro!
> B.KidZanian PaZZports – All you need to know about Kidzania’s Loyalty Program
> Where to get discounted tickets to Kidzania Singapore
> Review of our first visit to Kidzania Singapore

Information on Kidzania Singapore:

Address: 31 Beach View, Palawan Kidz City, Singapore 098008

Map: Click here for Google Map Location

Opening Hours:

• 10am – 5pm daily
  • They have extended opening hours on certain (probably crowded) days.  Do check Kidzania Singapore website for actual opening hours by date.

Admission Fees:

• Infant (Under 2): Free
  • Toddler (2 – 3 Years Old): $25
  • Kid (4 – 17 Years Old): $58
  • Adult (18 – 59 Years Old): $35
  • Sennior (60 Year Old and above): $25

Tel: +65 6653 6888

Official Websites: Homepage | Facebook Page | Instagram

Getting to Kidzania Singapore

Take the MRT to Harbourfront station (NE1 / CC29).  Go to Vivocity level 3 and take the Sentosa Express to Beach Station.  From Beach station, walk along the Coach Park and all the way to the end of the corridor.

Mosh Singapore - Sentosa Family Entertainment Centre - Palawan Kidz City - Blog Review 39

Go up the escalator at the end of the Coach Park and take the sheltered overhead bridge leading all the way to Palawan Kidz City and you would have arrived at Kidzania Singapore.

Mosh Singapore - Sentosa Family Entertainment Centre - Palawan Kidz City - Blog Review 40

LOOKING FOR MORE FUN ON SENTOSA?

Loading InLinkz ...

Kidzania Singapore - A Beginners Guide - Bumble Bee Mum

Follow us on Instagram!

VISITING SINGAPORE WITH KIDS?

Check out our Singapore Travel Page for more Singapore travel guides & reviews!

LINKING UP WITH…

This post is part of the following link-ups:

1. Stunning how child friendly Kidzania is. Must be an amazing adventure.
    Grey World Nomads recently posted…Luxury House And Dog Sitting With Sea ViewMy Profile

2. Henry says:

Hi

I have been to Kidzania in BKK & KL. my daughter loves it. We love BKK one mainly due to friendly Thai.
    Also been to baby boss in Taipei.

Hope Sg one just as fun.

Regards

I haven’t been any other other Kidzania and wonder how they would compare to Kidzania Singapore. But after this experience, I am so going to visit other Kidzania in other countries. I love how they incorporate local industry partners, like the kids can make Lim Chee Guan bak kwa here. I want to bring my kids to the Tokyo one to make sushi!

3. Jacqualine says:

Wow awesome tips!! Kidzania seems so fun but I am not sure if I would bear to part with so much money just for one kid!
    Jacqualine recently posted…Of #3 and ConfinementMy Profile

4. Ling says:

Oh we make sushi at KidZania Bangkok.. Yes, seriously addictive!
    Ling recently posted…Robot Hello Kitty Theme Park Event is Coming to Suntec City! {Giveaway Admission Tickets for 2!}My Profile

5. Shub says:

I am going to wait, watch, read more n more reviews first and then will visit with kids.

Yeah, there’s no hurry to visit really. But I think the kids look cuter when they are like K1 / K2 age. I would bring them when they are above 4 to qualify for role-playing but while they still look cute in all the uniforms. :p

6. mmlittlee says:

LOL Be Prepared To Come Back =) I agree!

In Kidzania BKK, they have an ATM card too but kids transact with cold hard Kidzos instead of the ATM card at every activity station.

7. Angie.S says:

I love this Kidzania Guide for newbies. Very insightful and so many practical tips! We didn’t apply for the Kidzania Passport right at the beginning as we thought we can go back to accumulate the stamps but alas cannot!

8. Pooja says:

You have summed up all the points very well. Other day I don’t think there was much for my little girl.

9. Ahila says:

Sounds like a fun place to take kids to. Will think about it again in two years, when my niece turns four 🙂
    Ahila recently posted…Special Six: Memories of DelhiMy Profile

10. Lots of VERY helpful information here! No wifi and ditching the under 4s is particularly good to know. My daughter went on a school trip so we haven’t actually visited but I am sure it won’t be too long before we do. It does look amazing. Thanks for linking #citytripping
    Elizabeth (Wander Mum) recently posted…City Tripping #51My Profile

I recently saw a picture from Kidzania London and it looks awesome! They have a Formula E Car experience which I think would drive my boys crazy! Any idea how’s the crowd at Kidzania London? The admission there is only for 4 hours whereas the admission at Kidzania Singapore is for the whole day (7 hours on normal days). But the queuing here can get pretty insane and on average, children can only complete about 7 activities in that 7 hours? I would rather pay for 4 hours but with minimal queuing if that helps to bring down the crowd level. I mean.. If children who go to Kidzania London can also complete 7 activities in the 4 hours admission they get, then I think I would prefer Kidzania London’s system.

11. Kidzania looks really interesting, even for me. Hahaha. Makes me wish I was a kid again. We don’t have a Kidzania in the city; we’d have to fly out to visit one although there’s a smaller, slightly similar version that we’ve yet to check out.

You know.. Kidzania Singapore did have an event recently where adults could go and play. I thought it was hilarious! But I think I prefer watching my kids do the role-play than to do it myself.. :p

12. Now I needed to read this post about a week ago… we went to the London KidZania for about two hours (long story but as a kind of taster visit with a meeting tacked on) and while I’d read a few reviews, this is such a useful guide. I can vouch for the fact we spent quite a lot of time queuing and there’s no (working) wifi to pass the time. But my daughter had such a fun time including doing the pilot training – I agree that it’s best for older kids. My daughter was actually more confident scampering off than I expected but i suspect 6-7s would be ideal. #citytripping
    Cathy (Mummytravels) recently posted…City Tripping #51My Profile

So the queue is very long at Kidzania London too??? Sigh… I was hoping with their 4-hour time limit, it would mean less queuing time. I agree with you that 6-7 year old are the most ideal age for Kidzania!

13. Lydia C. Lee says:

That looks fab! I hope to get my youngest there before she’s too old…
    Lydia C. Lee recently posted…10 travel tips for MelbourneMy Profile

14. Ruth says:

You do need to read this post before visiting. It is the first time I heard about this place and had no idea what is all about. Now, I get it. Like the concept since it is something different and feel like the kid’s imagination is stimulated. #citytripping
    Ruth recently posted…What and Where to Eat in BudapestMy Profile

It’s really a great concept. Which probably explains why they are so successful with like 20 Kidzanias around the world and more in the pipelines? What I find most interesting about their concept is how they work with local industry partners (though the partnership wit Qatar Airways rather than Singapore Airlines was puzzling) to give visitors a taste of local cultures.

15. Kit says:

Hi, do you know how strict are they about the age 4 limit? My son turns 4 in a month’s time but we would like to visit it with his older cousin prior to that. Thanks

Yup, your son can do all the 4 year old role-plays – as long as you pay the Kids admission fee ($58) for him. As for now (not sure if they will change their policy in future), they are totally not strict about the child’s age. As long as you pay $58 for the child, they will tag him or her as ‘Kid’ and the child can go in for the role-plays.

The thing is that parents are strictly not allowed inside the role-play areas, so if a younger child doesn’t dare to go inside the role-playing area without the parent or have difficulty understanding the Zupervisors’ instructions, it would end up being a waste of money. For your case, it would be helpful that your son has an older cousin with him to help him along. My younger boy is actually below 4 years old, but we have been tagging him as a ‘Kid’ for our past 3 visits.. Haha! He was okay going in with his older brother for most activities, but some activities (like the airplane one), he simply refused to go in. Plus he still needed his afternoon naps, unlike my older boy who could play all day. So every time we were there, my younger boy only did like half the number of activities compared to my older boy.

But it really depends on individual kids. My friend also brought her daughter who is even younger than my younger boy and paid ‘Kid’ ticket for her and my friend’s daughter was super happy doing all the role-plays. So if your son is the super independent kind, then shouldn’t be a problem. But if your son is like my younger boy, stick to you like super-glue kind, then ermm better not waste money. Know what I mean?

16. Jo Addison says:

This is such a useful guide – you’ve thought of everything. I was going to take my 3 year old to the one in London but I think I will wait until he is a bit older now. #citytripping

Yeah, unless your child is very independent, 3 years old may be a bit young to fully enjoy Kidzania. I’m sure Kidzania London is not going to go anywhere, so no hurry to visit. Isn’t it great to have a Kidzania within our own country where we can go anytime? 🙂