We were invited by Sunstar to be part of the festivities, and during the festival, we caught the kids dental care show by Sunstar and Kidzania Singapore.
At the same time, Zupervisors at Sunstar Dental Clinic will teach children the importance of good lifestyle habits to prevent tooth decay and proper tooth brushing techniques in a fun and interactive manner.
And at the end of the visit, children can go home with a free Sunstar product of their choice (while earning 10 Kidzos! My kids earned 12 Kidzos because they had the Kidzania Pazzport.) and a brochure with useful information on preventing tooth decay.
Back at SJ50 Matsuri, together with mascot Sunstar Pen-chan, kids joined in fun songs and dances while learning how to keep their teeth clean and healthy! If you missed the show, here’s a short snippet of it.
Tips on Preventing Tooth Decay in Children
Through our interactions with Sunstar at SJ50 Matsuri and Kidzania Singapore, we picked up a few tips on kids dental care and would like to share them with you:
Causes of tooth decay in children
- Baby tooth enamel is thinner than permanent teeth and hence more prone to decay.
- Habits like falling asleep with the milk bottle and frequent consumption of sugary snacks and beverages may lead to tooth decay.
- Children are unable to brush their teeth well.
How can we guide children who dislike brushing?
- Engage children in the selection of their toothbrush.
- Make brushing a fun activity, offering compliments or brushing along with songs.
- Use an older child as a model to encourage the younger child to brush.
Things we may have been doing wrong when brushing
- Do not apply too much pressure when brushing your child’s teeth.
- Do not rush through toothbrushing. It’s the duration of brushing rather than the force that matters.
- Check that you are applying the correct brushing technique as follows:
More on Sunstar Group
Sunstar’s name, Sun + Star, reflects their company’s mission to provide holistic health care across their customer’s daily life from morning (sun) to night (star).
Under oral health care, with a motto to ‘sustain a healthy body through a healthy mouth’, they manufacture toothbrushes, toothpastes and mouth washes that are suitable for both children and adults.
The kids have been using Sunstar’s toothpaste since they got their first sample tubes from Kidzania Singapore and SJ50 Matsuri. They love both the grape and strawberry flavoured toothpastes meant for children age 2 – 6 years old. They didn’t complain about the toothpaste being ‘spicy’ compared to some other kids toothpastes I have tried on them.
Sunstar products go beyond oral care products. They also produce healthy drinks like their multi berry juice and super vegetable drink to supplement our fruits and vegetable intake.
Their Equitance range of products provide solutions to support radiant beauty internally and externally. Launching in Singapore next year, you will find products such as skin brightening serum and collagen drink.
This post was brought to you in collaboration with…
Pin this up for later!
Read more on Kidzania Singapore: