Cirque du Soleil’s KOOZA is here in Singapore! Performing at Big Top on Bayfront Avenue (next to Marina Bay Sands) from 12 July 2017 to 20 Aug 2017, be prepared for some death-defying stunts happening right before your eyes!
If you have seen the commercials on TV (you haven’t?? Do you even watch TV??), I’m sure you would have caught snippets of some of the amazing acts, such as the high wire and wheel of death. We can’t wait to see it for ourselves at tonights premiere! But before that, we were invited to a media preview, where we were treated to a display of teeterboard stunts.
We met Kooza’s main characters, The Trickster and The Innocent, who embody to the spirit of Kooza, where it’s light-hearted and fun.
We also met the musicians behind KOOZA. The music of KOOZA is performed live, by six KOOZA musicians and two singers.
And of course, the world-class acrobatic performers. Who kept us on the edge of our seats each time they flung themselves off the teeterboard and executed twists and somersaults before landing absolutely gracefully.
Keeping the atmosphere jovial, we had a good laugh when The Innocent went onto the teeterboard. Did he fling himself off? Or did he chicken out at the last minute? Catch the show to find out!
And then there were the stilts. What’s so great about stilts you wonder? Sure, people walking on stilts are nothing to shout about. But what about people on stilts getting flung off teeterboards?
Stilts on teeterboard? Is he serious??
Wait.. what?? ONE stilt? You go girl!
Woohooo!! She did it!! I swear, those guys waiting at the bottom looked much more worried than her. Hahaha…
Here are some fun facts about Cirque du Soleil Kooza:
- The name KOOZA is inspired by the Sanskirt word “koza” which means “box”, “chest” or “treasure”, as the production is centered around the idea of “circus in a box”.
- The 725kg Wheel of Death if one of the most heart-stopping acts where two artists literally walk on air and defy gravity. (Switch on your TV and watch the commercial.)
- The hats worn by the performers were all custom-made and tailored to perfection to fit each performer’s head with the use of a portable scanner and 3D printers. (Go figure.)
Get your Tickets
Performance Dates: 12 July 2017 – 20 Aug 2017
- Tuesday – Friday: 8pm
- Saturday: 4.30pm and 8pm
- Sunday: 1.30pm and 5pm
Venue: Big Top at Bayfront Avenue (beside Marina Bay Sands)
Ticket Pricing (excluding SISTIC fees):
- CAT 1: Starts from S$318
- CAT 2: Starts from $298
- CAT 3: Starts from $178
- CAT 4: Starts from $146
- CAT 5: Starts from $114
- CAT 6: Starts from $88
- CAT 7 (Restricted View): Starts from $124.50
- CAT 9 (Restricted View): Starts from $79.75
- CAT 10 (Restricted View): Starts from $61.50
- CAT 11 (Premium): Starts from $223.00
Get your tickets: Tickets are now on sale via all SISTIC channels.
Notes on bringing children:
- Children under 2 years of age may be admitted free of charge provided they do not occupy a seat (they must be seated on the lap of a parent or guardian).
- Children aged 2 years and above must purchase a ticket for admission.
- All children below 12 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.