My family will be going to Hokkaido in coming Dec. Upon reaching CTS airport, we will take public coach to head towards Niseko
Day1-Day5 ==> Niseko/Hirafu skiing
Day6-Day8 ==>Hakodate (Train from Kutchan to Osahmambe to Hakodate)
Day9 ==> Sapporo (Train from Hakodate to Sapporo)
Day10 ==> Asahikawa Zoo (Train from Sapporo to Asahikawa back to Sapporo)
Day 11 ==> Otaru (Train from Sapporo to Otaru back to Sapporo)
Day 12 ==> Sapporo
Day 13 ==> CTS (Train from Sapporo to CTS airport)
1) Is it worthwhile to buy 4 days flexible JR pass or single tickets for each train?
2) Can we buy the single trip tickets in Singapore? As well as reserve a seat for Asahikawa Zoo Train? How can I secure all the train tickets before reaching Japan?
3) I can only either take 19Dec or 20Dec for Asahikawa Zoo visit (only these 2 days have Zoo train service), it coincides with Japan winter school holidays start from 19Dec. Will the train/bus/zoo super pack that could dampen the visit?
4) From Kutchan ==> Osahmambe==>Hakodate, Once in Osahmambe, how and what is the direction to get to the Hakodate train platform? Wonder if there is escalator or lift since we have luggages.
5) I have 2 days in Hakodate, what would be the recommended places of visit and food? Which stall in Asaichi market is recommended to try grill and soup crab/squid and famous donbori? And what is good to buy in the market?
6) I am staying at Cross hotel in Sapporo, could you advise how can I get to the hotel without having to drag the luggages in the snow? If there is an underground path will be idea
7) Pls advise how to make my way from Cross hotel to Sapporo factory and Nijo market? Can I use Sapporo JR underground route and how to move about? Likewise can I also use the Sapporo underground route to Odori park / Parco / Mandarake?
Thanks in advance.