We went to Hokkaido on jan 2016 & really enjoyed it, thanks to your blog & patience answering my questions.
We are going to Osaka & Tokyo on Jan 2017. We are 3 adults & 2 kids (10 yos girl & 6 yos boy). Arriving in Kansai on Jan 1 at 8.15 am, departing from Haneda on Jan 11 at 11.45 am. This will be the second time for us to Osaka & Tokyo (first one was in Nov 2005 with a group tour), but the first time for the kids. Can you please help me arrange our itinerary? We would like to go:
1. Osaka aquarium
2. Lego discovery center osaka
3. Universal studio
4. Abeno tennoji illuminage.
1. Nakamise shopping street
2. Tokyo Fire Museum
3. Sanrio Puroland
10. Karuizawa (I have never been here. Heard from a friend that it is a really nice town. And it has an outlet mall!)
1. We dont like to change hotels so we would like just to stay at 1 hotel at Osaka & 1 hotel at Tokyo. And we also dont want to drive. Can you pls recommend hotels or apartments that have easy access to the places I want to visit & also from/to the airports? At first, I want to stay at one of the disney hotels for the 2 last nights in Tokyo, but now am thingking probably will stay at the same hotel in city area since my mom will not join us to disney. This way she can still see see look look around the hotel. But I am also worry about the time that we need to go from city area to disney. Worry that we will not have enough time to play at disney. What do u suggest?
2. Is it better to use train or plane from Osaka to Tokyo?
3. According to the itinerary, do you think we need to buy a train pass or subway card?
4. We would like to go to outlet mall. Still confused whether to go to Gotemba or Karuizawa one. Will choose whichever nearer to our hotel in Tokyo. Which one do you think the closest one?